Monday, September 20, 2010

Follies.

SO I got into the Laguna tribe... it was wonderful :)) We had a picnic with all our tribe sisters and then went on a huge photo scavenger hunt (that was interesting). Later on that night before we all went bowling, well, I went out on the roof and sang Don't Stop Believin Glee style, and I belted it (sorry Liv for taking your number one off your bucket list haha); and I didn't bowl because I forgot socks and it was kind of a ghetto bowling lane place which was overrun by middle schoolers. Yeah. Stayed up late with Laurie helping her set up a skype, skyping with Tori, glancing over some homework, and finally crawling into Shelby's bed at 130.
(P.s. thanks Shelbs for letting me use your bed while you were gone)
My Sunday morning, I slept in, kept waking up on and off, went to my room and slept for another hour, took a shower and hit the practice room for a good hour and a half or two. Came back and did nothing till dinner and had a Follies meeting at 9. Now Follies, which I found out all about last night, is a huge dance/skit competition between all freshman and transfers who are pledging. So almost 200 girls and 200 guys, split up into 8 groups, getting 10 minutes of stage time, battling it out to come out the winner. The tribe leaders told me that girls had NEVER placed in Follies competition's until last year.. and it was Laguna, so in their words, "We're kind of a big deal," and I'm pumped to try and fill their shoes.
Today classes came back in full swing with test results. 3 A's and 2 B's, not bad, but I want all A's daggum it. I'll work on it. I'm just glad none of my classes are super hard or require hardcore studying time (like my roommate's classes!) went to a practice room, sang and screamed in my voice lesson, which I do love that class and my teacher oh so much, and to top it off had an easy assignment with Music Tech and am ready to get some homework knocked out. Had a little bit of down time this afternoon, and when I say little I mean like 2 hours or so, then it was dinner time, back to the room, had Laguna homework, yeah that's right, and then Follies practice from 9-11. We're bringing the heat, and sweating it too. Beef.
Anyway, God is still God and He is still good no matter what. I had an amazing quiet time out on the roof yesterday when I got done singing, I listened to Everything by Lifehouse and just stared at the sky singing the lyrics, "How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?"
So many times I take God and Creation and his good and perfect work for granted; I'm no longer being moved and that isn't right. My heart should constantly be in motion, beating with God's awesomeness and life and I should be sharing it with others. I hate that I haven't really been doing that here so far, but I'm ready to start.
This week is gonna be tough, I can feel it. But Parents Weekend is this weekend and since my parents aren't coming up I might just go home with Laurie and hang out with familia, who knows? :)
And now, I bid you adieu, because I'm freakin tired. Gnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment